Hi friends! Since I love donuts and not too fond of fried desserts I ended up baking these incredibly delicious Baked Donuts! Warm and Gooey Nutella filling takes them over the top:)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 2 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 7 Tablespoons milk
Filling and Topping:
- ¾ cup of Nutella ( 220 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- ¼ sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less-to taste)
- Line donut pan with plastic wrap. Transfer Nutella to a piping bag. Pipe Nutella in the center of each cavity to make the ring, then place in the freezer until completely firm. Remove Nutella rings from the pan, place on a plate and store back in the freezer until ready to assemble donuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Brush donut pan with melted butter then set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl stir together remaining melted butter and 2 ½ Tbsp. sugar. Add cinnamon, vanilla, egg, and milk and whisk just to combine. Whisk in flour mixture.
- Transfer the mixture in piping bag. Fill donut pan with half of the batter. Take the Nutella rings from the freezer and place on top. Cover Nutella with remaining batter.
- Bake about 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Let donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes
- In a bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter.
- Brush each donut with melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.