Hi friends! I recently made this whole wheat raisin and nut loaf and i can safely say it’s an easy recipe to make:) Healthy, wholesome and yummy!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (1 packet / 7 grams) instant yeast (or active dry yeast)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (or honey but add honey after the milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, heated to 120-130° F for instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 egg
- about 1/4 cup additional flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
Place flours, yeast, nuts , raisins, sugar & salt in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in milk, followed by oil and egg.
Beat on high for 2 minutes.
On low speed add about 1/4 cup flour until dough forms a mass.
Place dough on floured surface and knead 50 turns.
Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan.
Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm spot until it’s one inch taller than the pan, about 35 minutes.
Meantime, preheat oven to 180 degrees C
Bake for 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, I cover the top of the loaf with a foil tent to prevent over-browning.
Remove immediately from pan onto a cooling rack. Let it cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.